If you're experiencing issues with Slack, after reading this guide, please contact the ITS help desk at 909-621-8061 or email@example.com. Additional documentation is available at https://ritg.pomona.edu/tools/slack/
What is Slack?
Feature-rich, Pomona-wide instant message platform for team and individual communication
Do I have an account?
If you want to join the Slack environment, start at http://slack.pomona.edu and choose Sign in with Pomona CAS and provide your usual login information
Choose a Workspace
Once logged in, choose your appropriate Workspace, organized by Vice President for staff, and by Division for faculty
For the most feature-rich experience, download the Slack desktop client at https://slack.com/downloads/ or Slack app for your mobile device
At first launch, choose Sign-in and enter pomonacollege.enterprise in front of slack.com, then log in with Pomona CAS and choose your desired workspace.
Setup your profile
Customize your full name, display name, profile picture, and more
· Domain – institutional entry point (pomonacollege.enterprise.slack.com)
· Workspace – top-level group membership (by VP or Division)
· Channel – conversations about a specific topic
· Direct message – a private chat with another Slack member
· Full glossary at https://slack.com/help/articles/213817348-Slack-glossary
Many ways to integrate other Pomona systems with Slack
· Outlook calendar
· Survey tools